In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Local Tsc Selection. Whats In Those Tsc Red Bags!! Upc Info

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by jtakeman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Nice one! What are your thoughts on the single-ply pallet wrap on those MWPs this year? I didn't have any issues with the ton I brought home, but noticed many other tons in the TSC yard have water damage issues this year.

jtakeman likes this.
  2. subsailor

subsailor

I went to his site this morning and was surprised to see the $234 price. Soooo, back to HD I went. Yesterday I was told they only price match same brands and their delivery fee is $35 for 3 tons. Today I was told they would price match FSU's for Walmart's $207 price for MWP but they wouldn't deliver them. I don't have a vehicle that can haul a ton and I do have a ruptured disc, so hauling 3 tons is out of the question. Anyway, I ended up with 3 tons of FSU's at $222/ton. The vet's discount is a max of $50, not 10% across the board. When I got my receipt I noticed that they didn't charge me a delivery fee. Unfortunately I already know these pellets are going to burn like crap. The total bill was $666. I'm screwed.

3. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

What do you mean by that? Is it based on previous experience burning FSUs or do you expect something is wrong with this particular batch?

4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Dang, those FSU's burn like crap in your Harman? That stinks. FSU's are one of the best box store offerings in my opinion. Maybe this year will be different for you.

Orson_Yancey likes this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

No issues at all with ours either. I think this is like a heat wrap like they do on boats? Just not as heavy/think.

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I think its the number/price. seen as 666

will711, IHATEPROPANE and ttdberg like this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

jtakeman, I unwrapped one of my new MWP pallets on Sunday. I can see that it could be fairly easy for the forklift operator to cause tears in the wrapper that would expand under certain conditions.

8. subsailor

subsailor

Correct.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  9. subsailor

subsailor

JT, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for them?

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Sub, We paid $239 less $25 off per ton during their preseason sale. So $428 out the door total for 2 tons.

ttdberg likes this.
  11. imacman

imacman

So, essentially the same price as last winter. Hope the piggies are listening and stocking up!!!

12. mepellet

mepellet

I did earlier this year as soon as we were officially done with heating. Bought from Sib while his price was still the same as last year. $224. Shortly after i got mine he went up to $229. Now as I saw last night he has gone up to $234. Glad I bought when I did. :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    ttdberg, jtakeman and savemoney like this.
  13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

As soon as we got the coupon we put ours on lay-away. Price of the other boxes was $239 and the pellet house was $229 for Maine Choice at the time. Problem was we didn't know what we'd get as they didn't have any in the yard. Crossed our fingers and hoped for something decent. But with the beast we knew we could burn what we happened to get.

Hoped for something like Hamers-Liggies or even the AWF. But we weren't that lucky. Still for $214 per ton we felt we did OK. At least were not burning NA's. whew!

mepellet likes this.
  14. subsailor

subsailor

So essentially without the coupon you're paying the same price as I am and I'm less than 50 miles from the plant. Pretty sad.

15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Well if it makes ya feel any better, A pellet house has the MWP for $270/ton!! TSC was the deal of the season and I don't think I'll see anything even close again this season!

With the box stores and Their logistics. Distance from the mill doesn't seem to matter. No matter where the pellet is made, They seem to carry the same deals from Maine to Jersey. Even if its the Blazers from out west. One price no matter the pellet. Only exception I know of is the Greene Team at Lowes carrying a high sticker price.

16. subsailor

subsailor

I hear what you're saying. My only consolation is that some people think the FSU's are a better pellet. I can't say that I notice much difference, but that could be the stove adjusting the fed to provide the desired heat.

17. imacman

imacman

Some people? I think the majority of the people that have burned them will agree they are one of the better pellets available, especially from a big box store.

IHATEPROPANE and subsailor like this.
  18. mepellet

mepellet

I burned some FSU last year near then end of the season and didn't see a difference in heat or ash in my stove between them and the mwp blend.

Then again, I haven't measured a heat output difference between any pellet from a box store. The only differences I have seen are the ash volume and density.

will711 likes this.
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We got the next load of TSC(MWP) in the basement so officially at 227 bags in the stash. Tired, Thirsty But a happy piggie! Fixing the thirsty part with a new castle!! :)

Looks like we have enough room for 25 or so more. Wife is gonna head over to HD tomorrow and grab another 25 bags of Chow. So we'll be stuffed with 5 tons total or 252 bags. Good for this season and about half of next. We'll stuff as we go and try to keep it full as long as there is no shortage/crunch JIC!

Gotta change the sig now!! :D

20. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I'd have the shakes if I started the season with only 5 ton.