In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Garage/shop build

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by DaveGunter, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

DaveGunter likes this.
  2. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Yes, the kWH credits from the solar on the house meter can be applied to both meters.

The EVs charge using 40 amp 240v, and I’d like to learn to weld, maybe an electric sawmill too.

I am planning for more solar panels on the barn roof at some point.

fuelrod, MikeInMa and Woodwidow like this.
  3. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

The lean to was not part of the original plan. There is a large bank on that corner of the building that I need to build up as the lean to posts are close to the edge. I removed some more trees and left the stumps high and used them to hold some old cedar logs in place so that when I roll some large boulders down the bank it creates a retaining wall of sorts.

I Forgot about the drain line for the floor drains,:doh: and put a couple of boulders in the way by mistake so I had to set up some rigging to pull them out of the way, fun times.:whistle:
    IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg

Hauling a bunch of boulders back from about a half mile out in the woods, 8 in the dump trailer, 1 in the backhoe bucket and 2 in the grapple.

IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg

The roads are posted for heavy loads until May 1, my dirt guy will bring a bunch of fill for me to back fill.