In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2 way radio/walkie talkie recommendations...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by brenndatomu, Apr 19, 2024.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I've been looking for a set of radios, something decent, but not super expensive (say under $200/pair)
    and also a noise cancelling headset/mic for one of them too...something that can be used while operating noisy machinery, hands free would be nice since both hands are often busy. I have already spent WAY too much time shopping for this stuff...when I find radios I like, then I can't find a headset that seems to work with it, and vice versa. :hair:
    Anybody real familiar with this stuff?

Theashhole, Backwoods Savage and RCBS like this.
  2. RCBS

RCBS

I wish I were. Be nice to have a grasp of localized communication devices. Only thing I know is Citizens Band.

Backwoods Savage and brenndatomu like this.
  3. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Really happy with how our Sena's perform in our helmets while on motorcycles. If they have an offering in what you're looking into, I'd say consider it if you can. We can get a good clip apart and still communicate. Sound Q is good and features are crazy. The guys I rode with took their old units and installed them into other helmets/hats for use on the mowers and stuff. Link to the phone and listen to whatever, take calls if you choose. Battery life is 12-14hrs on those old units too.

4. Warner

Warner

I use a set of Motorola RMM2050 and 2 headsets I’m not sure the brand at the moment. Used for communication with the concrete pump when I can’t see the end of the hose. They work fantastic and can hear just fine even with the Deutz screaming in my face. Although they are probly a bit out of the price point you mentioned. And are not hands free. So maybe this is of no help! Lol

brenndatomu likes this.