In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman Allure vs Piazzetta Monia 2.0

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Hygor Pontes, Apr 18, 2024.

?

Which would you prefer?

1. Harman Alllure

2. Piazetta Monia 2.0

3. Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Question, which one of the two would you go for. I wanted something more modern and "smart". I had been looking at the Piazetta and then I saw the Harman and to be honest I almost don't know which I had been looking at at first because I thought they were the same.... Which came first? Which do you think would be best for a suburban home?

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have a feeling it's going to be Harman because... it's Harman.

jtakeman and imacman like this.
  2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

If I had to choose (Gun to head), I would take the first one!

Now I have a question, If you were loading pellets with that little flat shovel from the glass pellet holder into the stove...Would more pellets be in the stove or on the floor??

jtakeman, imacman and Hygor Pontes like this.
  3. Rich250

Rich250

The Harman will be easier and require less cleaning and be more set it and forget it and parts are more readily available. I had an Italian stove ( ravelli ) prior to my Allure and while the Ravelli was a good stove it was very confusing to use. The only time I touch my Allure is to fill it with pellets and an ocassional burn pot scrap then the 1 ton cleaning and it runs 24/7 the entire heating season on room temp mode. I have not had a single issue since I installed my Allure in 2018

jtakeman, bogieb, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  4. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Well no way in heck am I even going to store the pellets out like that ridiculous vase haha. I'm fine with the machine looking modern but let's not try to reinvent the wheel about how even the pellets look next to it haha.

5. imacman

imacman

I would have to go Harman, simply due to the easier (faster?) access to parts. Are both machines the same btu output? How big are the hoppers? etc, etc.

jtakeman, Rich250 and eatonpcat like this.
  6. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Allure50 Pellet Stove: $5,200

• Btu/hr Heat Input: 15,800 - 52,600 Btu/hr
    • Hopper Capacity: 92 lbs
    • Efficiency: LHV 80%, HHV 75%
    • Emissions: 1.48 grams/hour

Piazzetta Monia 2.0: $3808
    • Btu/hr Heat Input: 12871 - 36944 Btu/hr
    • Hopper Capacity: 35 lbs
    • Efficiency: LHV 88.8%, HHV 82.4%
    • Emissions: 0.820 g/hr

7. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Looks like the Harman has a higher btu, and way bigger hopper capacity, the Piazetta wins in effeciency and price... But not gonna lie, looking at that hopper capacity I can't very easily justify almost 1/3 size with just efficiency and price... And I'm assuming Harman will have way easier support like you mentioned.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I voted Harman, because I know their reputation from here. And agree on hopper capacity!

jtakeman, imacman, Rich250 and 2 others like this.
  9. bogieb

bogieb

I actually looked at getting a Piazetta for my main floor stove way back when. But after researching decided it wasn't for me. At that time I heard (on another forum - GASP) that if you have issues with the Piazetta, getting parts and support is a PITA. And gaskets needed replaced every year. But that was years ago so maybe those issues have been resolved.

I would think Harman parts would be easier to obtain, if needed. And, of course I am partial to Harman and truly believe they are worth the premium up-front cost. and of course, having more BTU's available is a must for me in the deep of winter.

I'm not a huge fan of the "modern" look. If I had to choose one on looks alone I'd go with the Harman. For some reason that small distribution area above the door does not look "right". I prefer the larger area above the Harman's door - it balances with the ash pan door better I think.

10. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Me reading this while hungry: "What's wrong with Pita? I like Pita bread". It hit me a few seconds later!

jtakeman, imacman and bogieb like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

:rofl: :lol:

jtakeman, imacman and Hygor Pontes like this.